Friday, January 13, 2012

Mix It Up

I know...not everyone is as lucky as Angela and I to have today off. Oh, and did I mention we have a FOUR day weekend?! I'll stop making you jealous and instead tell you about my lunch! I normally throw my lunch together really fast and my salads fall into the same rountine. Spinach/lettuce, veggies, cut up hard boiled egg, meat. Maybe a sprig or two of fresh cilantro (Try it!).

Today since I had a little more time I made this salad. It was delicious and a good break from my normal routine. I started with spinach, then added grilled chicken (how nice to have warm meat for a change!), cucumber, avacado, pea pods, strawberries, blueberries, and slivered almonds.

Just pay attention to the type and amount of dressing you use. I actually like the little spray bottle dressings...so much easier to control how much you use!

3 comments:

  1. Why didn't I drive to your house for lunch????! That looks amazing!!!! I added thawed raspberries (no sugar) to my usual lunch salad yesterday just before eating it....oh man...fruit in salad=much more tasty! No need for dressing bc I used the juice from the thaw as the dressing-highly recommended. Next time, I will try the blueberries and strawberries like you suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should've came over! The raspberries sound good...and we'll have to try to juice thing! Good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. trying this one tonight! thanks for the post of yet another great and healthy idea for dinner!

    ReplyDelete