Saturday, January 28, 2012

Chili for a Chilly Day

I've made this Chicken Chili many times before and it is one of my favorites! This recipe is from Annie's Eats, just like the Grilled Lime Chicken with Black Bean Sauce I posted earlier on this site. I've always thought of it as a very healthy dish and it does have quite a few veggies in it too! The method of cooking the chicken leaves it very moist and easy to shred. You just might want to omit the salt and just use pepper or limit the salt you use! When looking at the ingredients in comparison for the 24 day challenge, most of them are great. Like I said, you definitely want to watch the amount of salt you use, but also check the salt and sugar content on the canned tomatoes you buy. I would also suggest just to use black beans instead of two different kinds of beans. Also, I haven't looked closely at the chipotle in adobo ingredients, but you could always just omit those. This chili is SO delicious and doesn't really even need all the toppings you might normally put on it (fritos, sour cream, cheese, etc.) because it has so much flavor without them! I will warn you that chopping all the onions and peppers does take a little time, but it's totally worth it!

*If you don't have a food processor, just cut up the tomatoes with a knife. It works fine!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this!! I think Luke will want to have this tomorrow :) YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete