Ryan and I first did the 24 Day Challenge last year around February. When we started, I quickly realized that I wasn’t going to be able to just grab whatever food was around me when I got hungry. To make sure I was eating healthy foods for snacks, it was important that I had foods ready and in easy to grab containers. A normal morning for me is rolling out of bed 15 minutes before I leave for work and grabbing whatever I can before the clock hits 8:10 and I HAVE to get in my Jeep. This is
why it was important for me (and will most likely still be helpful for those of you who leave yourselves much more time in the mornings than I do) to get things organized and prepped when I had the time. I found it was easiest to go to the grocery, unload, and just take the time right then to wash and cut up any fruits or veggies that weren’t easy to grab like a banana or apple. I even went so far as to take baby carrots from the package and put them in small little containers. I know this may seem silly, but it was SO much easier to just grab them on my way out the door, whether it was in the morning or I was on my way somewhere during the day. For lunches, I would make it a point to make my salad, sandwich, or whatever I was going to eat that day the night before. Basically, do whatever it is YOU need to do to make healthy choices easier in your house, whether that’s washing and cutting fruits and veggies, cooking a bunch of chicken ahead of time, or hard boiling eggs for the week. Planning ahead a little makes resisting temptation much easier and will pay off for you in the end!
Quick Tip: If you get bored with eating plain veggies, use a little hummus (roasted red pepper is awesome!) instead of the usual vegetable dip.
Quick Tip: If you get bored with eating plain veggies, use a little hummus (roasted red pepper is awesome!) instead of the usual vegetable dip.
I plan on running, lifting, crossfit and getting back to MMA training. Maybe even a little Jits in a week or two and ball u up!!
ReplyDeleteThe roasted red pepper is quite good!! Good tip on prepping the food....Just got my food for the next 5 days and am ready to starve!!
ReplyDeleteHaha well you don't have to starve yourself! Actually I bought some at Martin's and just tried it tonight... Spicy Three Pepper. Ryan loves it and I think it's my favorite now! :)
ReplyDeleteI think "grab and go" is going to be a must! Great tips...
ReplyDelete