Wednesday, February 1, 2012

TWO Recipes!

Here's another meal idea that's a healthy spin on classic tacos...Lettuce Wrap Tacos! I don't have exact ingredient amounts because it isn't a complicated idea. Just fix up your tacos the way you like it!
For the meat, you can use chicken or fish-whatever sounds best to you. I know fish tacos are a popular thing, but again I don't eat seafood so my vote goes to the chicken!
Next, pull apart enough large lettuce leaves for the number of tacos you want. Simply place a small amount of the cooked meat inside each lettuce leaf and use that as your "shell".
Finally, it's time to top your tacos. Here are a few options:
-avocado
-tomatoes
-salsa (use the fresh, deli kind)
-fresh cilantro (I swear it makes everything taste better!)
-onion
-green pepper
-jalapeno peppers
-fresh squeezed lime juice

Make sure you use healthy toppings and enjoy with a side of Cilantro Lime Rice from Annie's Eats. Can you tell I like her blog? On the rice, the only thing you need to change is the white rice to brown rice. Just follow the package directions to cook it. You also need to watch the amount of salt you use. I've made this a couple times now and it is delicious! WAY better than plain rice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment